To commemorate the 75th birthday of one of Ireland’s greatest ever songwriters and performers, the August issue of Hot Press is a Van Morrison Special, which tracks his amazing career all the way back to the 1960s.
An historic publication that’s a must-read for all Van fans, it includes:
- The ‘making of’ Rave On, Van Morrison, the exclusive Hot Presscelebration of his music, which finds 75 of Ireland’s leading and emerging singers and musicians – Hozier, Sinéad O’Connor, Imelda May, Glen Hansard, Paul Brady, Gary Lightbody, Bob Geldof and Andrea Corr among them – performing Van’s songs to camera.
- A look back at five decades of landmark Hot Pressinterviews with Van, in which he holds forth on everything from Ray Charles and his other musical heroes to his inspiration for making the seminal Astral Weeks.
- Irish and international artists reflecting on what makes Van so special, and picking their favourite songs of his.
- Ten ways Van Morrison has changed the world.
- The Van tracks you might not know but have to hear!
- Exclusive photos from the Hot Press archives.
- From The Last Waltzto Astral Weeks Live At The Hollywood Bowl, the best of Van on the big and small screen.
And that really is just for starters! Make sure to look out for bonus Van Morrison Special Issue bonus content on hotpress.com